An update post on what has taken place around the ol' homestead.
My final task in the ongoing house drainage saga was to figure out a way to raise the height, top of the old water drain, which would house the underground connections for two separate downspouts as well as the new pipe for the foundation drainage, about 2 feet. Good fun, since I was informed by all that I knew there wasn't an actual set of fittings nor a special pipe available to suit my needs. When that's the case I guess you just rollup the sleeves and do it...so I did.
This is what I started with:
As you can see, Not much to work with there, but I bought a rubber trash can and cut it up to fit the size of the hole and then made hole for the various pipes. I then made an outside form out of plywood. I then set my rebar and got the trusty duct tape to seal the gaps and I was ready to start the pour.
150 kilos of cement and 3 days later I took off the forms to reveal this (kinda proud):
Not too shabby, I must say! The top is at precisely the level where we will lay the slate onto sand next summer.
Anyway, I began screwing in the top leakage protecters over the black waffle plate and then continued backfilling with gravel:
It's now covered with dirt to allow for settling over the winter.